Friday night is pizza night at my parents’ house. Somehow my family got into the habit when we lived in Germany, right down the street from an Italian-owned pizzeria. Real Italian pizza is probably about 1,395 times better than our Americanized pizza. I can’t even describe it; you just have to try it for yourself.
I love pizza, but I don’t love the way it makes me feel. So that’s when I decided to give these Quinoa Pizza Bites from Fit For Success a try. They are definitely worth it. The protein-packed quinoa fills you up without leaving you feeling like a big grease ball. Plus this recipe is pretty versatile. You can add in your favorite toppings easily.
Some ideas? How about Pepperoni, Supreme, Hawaiian, or Chicken Pesto? Your pantry is the limit.
Quinoa Pizza Bites
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tb dried oregano
- A pinch of salt
- Pizza sauce for dipping
- Cook your quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients (minus the pizza sauce) and mix well.
- Scoop about a Tablespoon of the mixture into each section of a greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake them 15-20 minutes and let them cool. Serve warm with pizza sauce to dip them in. I made mine supreme by adding chopped pepperoni, olives, green pepper and mushroom. Be creative!