What I really love is how versatile these bars are. You can pretty much make any combination you want with these. Switch up what nut butter you use. Put in different nuts, or if you’re like my sister and think people are nuts for liking nuts, leave them out. Add more dried fruit; add less. Add something new like shredded coconut or cocoa powder. You can even add chocolate chips (did someone say chocolate?)!
Plus, these are chewy. They won’t break your teeth. Instead, your teeth sink into a delicious, yet dense (and even fudgy) creation that is full of ingredients you love. I wouldn’t leave these bars sitting out in the hot sun unless you want to scoop up your bar from the dirt. But, fresh from the fridge, they are to die for.
Although I made up this bar, the base of it came from Five Heart Home. Her stuff looks delicious, so you should check out her site.
Peanut Butter No-Bake Granola Bars
- 1 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter…hence the name)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup craisins
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, almonds, craisins, golden raisins, pitachios, chia seeds, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium sized pot, melt together nut butter, honey, and coconut oil on medium-low heat. Once smooth, pour over oat mixture. Once well combined, pour into a greased 7×11 baking dish.
- Refrigerate a couple hours, or until firm. Slice them into whatever shape you want to eat them in, and remove from pan. Store in fridge. You’ll want to either individually wrap each bar, or store in airtight container with wax paper in between each layer.