I’ve talked about how I’m obsessed with chocolate, but did you know I’m also obsessed with peanut butter? It’s my kryptonite 2.0. Literally, I could eat it on anything. Heck, even broccoli would taste better with it in my opinion.
I’ve always wanted to make it myself just to try it. I’ve even tried to make it before, going at it with my food processor until I thought it looked a little dry. So I added water. Really? Water? Nice move. Oil and water don’t mix. I had to throw it away.
But everyone deserves a second chance (meaning my brain needed one). I even decided to throw chocolate in the mix. Because it has been an exceptionally long day.
When I tried this, I died and went to heaven. Sure, it’s a bit more of a guilty pleasure. It’s so much cheaper than buying chocolate nut butter spreads from the store, and so easy, too. Try it! But be careful…it’s a little too delicious for it’s own good.
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tb vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pour the peanuts in a blender or food processor and pulse until mostly ground. You may have to stop it from time to time to push the sides down.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Pulse until well mixed.
- Enjoy! Spread it over what ever your heart desires!